Thursday, November 3, 2016

Why was my bag in the kitchen?

This morning I toodled off to the bathroom, and when returning through the kitchen saw my back pack leaning against the wall next to the rubbish bin. This initiated a bout of confusion. I recalled returning back to the AirBnB late last night and unpacking my back pack in my bedroom. Plugging the iPad in to charge, using the laptop for a while, and plugging the mobile internet device in to charge.

Exited the room to get myself a drink from the kitchen then back into  my room to bunk down for the night. Soooo.... I know I'm getting old.  I haven't had a drink in a very long time... Yet here I had evidence that my bag had moved overnight yet I had not been the mover of the bag. So had I sleep walked or had someone moved it?

The other point of interest was that the back door was open. No sign of the hosts. Wondering whether they were keen on airing the house and maybe one of them had gone out for a bike ride or run I returned to my bedroom and meditated for an hour.  When next venturing into the living areas, Hong asked me whether I had opened the back door. And, as we talked it came out that her credit card provider had called her to let her know that her card had been used about 6 times for some low value transactions at the likes of Coles etc.

Hong had noted a sound at about 06:30 this morning which is the most likely time that the intruder was in the house. Nicholas had fallen asleep in the lounge, stay there until around 05:30 before taking himself off to their bedroom...

Thus it appears that my bag was taken from my bedroom. And luckily for me the intruders probably got spooked and took off without my bag. For which I am most grateful as both my passport was inside the bag and the bag has given me stirling service over the past year and is one of the best back packs I've had.

Apparently this is the second time that the hosts have experienced a break in at this place.... I suspect a change of locks might be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment