Played in the Sunday Arvo $250 at Crown and came in 12th out of 94. With 10 being paid this was tantalizingly close to the money. However, with being card dead for the latter part of the tourney did not help.
However. I came away, in general , pleased with my play. On reflection there were a couple of hands I would have played differently. With one being a major leak and another being a minor leak.
The major leak hand was an AJo hand I should have shoved from middle position 6 handed when I was starting to get short. The Snapshove app has this as a shove and I knew it in my gut before I folded. And as the latter part of the tournament is where you have to take these opportunities or risk being blinded to death. Which is essentially what happened to me.
The minor leak hand was a hand where my river bet could have been all-in. Instead I bet a size where he would have risked half his stack to call and still been alive in the tournament. After reviewing the hand, I know with that particular player / player type, as he had called a check-raise on the turn, he was likely to call an all-in on the river.
Sunday morning saw the 8th episode of Alexander Fitzgerald's Live Poker 101 webinar series. One of the other students suggested setting up a skype group. Hopefully I will be able to use that group to study hands with after the Live Poker 101 series ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment