Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A two day fast and some links I found interesting

After reading an article I found via a google search of pubmed on the subject of "fasting inflammation pubmed", I decided that having a two day fast every so often might be a good idea. Firstly as a preventative measure with respect to any cancer cells that might be starting to get a food hold. And secondly, in the hope that by fasting I will be able to reduce some of the inflammatory chemicals in my system  that may be keeping my patches of psoriasis kicking over.

Ended up not being too hard. After trying out intermittent fasting last year with the 2:5 diet, the two days fasting was familiar ground in terms of the sensations I had to deal with.

Tim Ferris has started to rework some of the material from his podcast back catalogue into new material. For example, episode 201 of his podcast is "The Tim Ferriss Radio Hour: Meditation, Mindset, and Mastery", and episode 202 is "Derek Sivers distilled"

Both of which I would be keen on my sons listening to. Maybe one day they may stumble over this page and be intrigued enough to check those podcasts out. With respect to meditation, while I have pushed meditation as a tool that can be used to enhance your mental fitness and mental performance, I'm getting the sense that the kiddies have tuned any information from me with respect to meditation (and a bunch of other topics) out.  Thus, I believe it is now the case that for them to experiment with a meditation practice they will have to get inspiration from other sources. The sense that familiarity has bred contempt is strong with this topic and my kiddies

Then on my twitter feed I found an article regarding "Why Power Women Are Micro-Dosing LSD at Work". The article mentions both LSD and Magic Mushrooms. My preference if my boys ever try micro-dosing is to go with dried Magic Mushrooms. And they can find plenty of information at places like shroomery.org regarding dosage. Plus if they read "The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide" they can get a bunch of information on micro-dosing. If they ever choose to have a psychedelic trip I hope they read both the Psychedelic Explorer's Guide and Sacred Knowledge to give themselves the best chance possible of having a safe trip.

I'm conscious of Nick Cave's teenage son dying while on a LSD trip. So having a safe environment and  a sober guide is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment