Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sitting next to a morbidly obese woman

Today the seat on my left was occupied by a morbidly obese woman. Her belly extended to her knees when she was sitting down. After a break she returned with a large  serving of a rice dish plus a medium sized bottle of Fanta. And it wasn't the diet version. Polished that off and immediately ordered a large glass of coke to finish it off.

I felt like I was watching someone committing slow motion suicide. Never going to say anything to her in that scenario though as it would likely upset her at the table and that would be uncool poker etiquette.

Peter Fitzsimmons has recently released a book documenting how he lost around 40kg by eliminating sugar and alcohol from his diet. I was thinking of that book as I watched the carbohydrate intensive rice dish and the sugar laden fizzy drinks enter the gullet of this unfortunate lady. I hope she some how latches on to some good dietary advice in the near future. Or she gets a stomach band. Because I don't see her weight heading anywhere but up from the short time I spent sitting next to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment