Sunday, November 6, 2016

AirBnB hassles

For some reason my strike rate for making bookings with AirBnB over the past few weeks has been poor. Making my next booking took over 4 requests before I landed one. People declining because their current guests wanted to stay on, long lost friends from overseas turning up and staying for a month and so on.

Plus with my aging laptop seeming to take forever to load up AirBnB, the application process was proving to be excruciating dull. Hence my decision to book for 3 weeks. I have a dodgy sort of AirBnB lined up for the next week. Then two weeks in an extremely well reviewed AirBnB in Reservoir.

Hope it all works out.

On the plus side Alex Fitzgerald put out his latest lesson on Live Poker 101. Once again I am grateful that he sent it out in advance of the scheduled 05:00am Sunday start time. So I could pre-watch it then join in for the Q&A post the pre-recorded webinar.

One of the leaks in my tournament game is Push-Fold play when short stacked.  I have invested some $s in Max Silver's SnapShove app and hope that spending some time training with that each day will prove to be worthwhile.  All I have to do is somehow work out what cue works best for me with respect to spending some time training. 

Went shopping for son #1 and son #2 birthday presents yesterday.  Walked into Dangerfield shop in Brunswick with intent of perhaps purchasing some shirts or t-shirts. Being old and daggy, which is outside the target demographic, I was ignored by the sales staff. Some nice stuff in the shop.  Will probably return on a weekday in the hope that there will be different sales staff on.

No comments:

Post a Comment