Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Reservoir Rut - a pretty good one

Jumped into the Reservoir rut on Tuesday, having waved goodbye to Box Hill South with some regret. Box Hill had an intelligent Alsation and a couple of cats that were ok to be around.

This place is a two bedroom unit that has a very pleasant feel to it. Meditating in my bedroom feels very pleasant. Quiet street, quiet room, comfortable bed, pleasant ambient temperature.

One mildly unpleasant discovery was that I've gone back up to 90 Kg.  Started this year at 95Kg and had been down to 87Kg about 3 weeks ago, so displeased to see my weight heading in the wrong direction.

Decided to google around. And for some reason entered a google search "pubmed fasting inflammation". Partly due to my understanding that my psoriasis is an auto-immune disease which may be related to an inflammatory issue. And during my meandering around the internet I've stumbled across a paper in pubmed that describes hormonal changes associated with increased visceral fat. And that some of those changes are on an inflammatory nature. So I guess some of that information was floating around in my head when I googled "pubmed fasting inflammation". And lo, found an article titled  "Fasting: Molecular Mechanism and Clinical Applications".  Interesting stuff.

So now I have some extra motivation to fast a couple of days a week - at least until the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment