Quite a bit of chatter about the recent government amendment to gambling legislation, that, if it is passed in the Senate, will see the exit of multiple online poker companies from the Australian market.
One of the guys I played a satellite with today even indicated he would look at moving to New Zealand to play. While retaining his Melbourne residence, he would hop over to New Zealand and establish himself there so he could continue to keep playing online. He plays at much higher buy-in levels than me and claims to have won a WCOOP event last year. While I couldn't find that (I may have misremembered his online id or he gave me a bogus one), I have found evidence in his Hendon Mob stats that he has cashed way more than me. So there is a pretty strong likelihood that he is a pretty good online reg.
If I want to play online it will likely only be possible when I head over to New Zealand. And I'll have to go through the rigmarole of changing the information I set the accounts up with. Boring!.
No comments:
Post a Comment