Monday, November 14, 2016

Public Housing in Box Hill

Today I found out that the AirBnB I'm staying in at Box Hill is a Public Housing property that the host has been living in with his family since Jan 2016. Nice guy. I was thinking he owned the property as he looks after it like an owner would. With the lawns being well maintained and quite a bit of garden maintenance under taken during the course of my stay. Plus he has a lovely alsation dog and a couple of cats. So just assumed he must own it.

We had a bit of a chat about politics, with the recent election of  Donald Trump being a starting point for quite a rambling conversation.

Then off into Melbourne to look for some birthday presents for sons #1 and #2. Came to the conclusion that probably better to just give them some money. Memories of my mother buying clothes for me when I was an adult came back to me. And the memories were generally of the poor choices she made. And how much money she wasted in continuing to buy me clothes that were never worn and generally just chucked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment