Thursday, November 10, 2016

Having my ticket clipped again by the medical fraternity for the privilege of driving

Back to the GP today to get the letter from my cardiologist. Pain in the backside as that is another $70 to pay and all because the cardiologist hadn't turned the letter around fast enough the first time.  Then off to Vic Roads with the letter that had informed me my license was being suspended today and I had to send it back to Vic Roads.  Luckily the Vic Roads person I was served by at the Carlton office was lovely and went the extra distance for me by ringing up the medical review section in Vic Roads and passing the information on. End result being that my license is still live and I'll receive a confirmation letter from the medical review section within the next couple of weeks.

While I had planned for today to be a full fast day, I found that I'd managed to eat skimpily yesterday with no food after midday. So decided to go as late into the day before eating as possible. Ended up having a 28 hour gap between meals and have only had the one meal today so pleased with that outcome.  The goal is to have 6 or 7 weeks with two days of fasting each week then re-evaluate with respect to how my weight is going and how my psoriasis is looking. Have been ferreting around in pubmed and found some interesting articles discussing how fat, in and of itself, is inflammatory. And psoriasis is an auto-immune inflammatory disease. And while there has been no definitive paper in pubmed that suggests that losing more weight will help my psoriasis, I'm keen to see if there is a relationship (whether it is to intermittent fasting for 8 weeks or so or to any weight loss I sustain I won't really know, but will be interested to see).

Poker wise I've been re-watching some Alexander Fitzgerald videos. And slowly, slowly, some of his thinking and tips have been sinking in. Even to the point of opening up Flopzilla after a satellite on the weekend and running several hands through to see whether I had the right mathematical percentages required to play the hands differently. And for one hand it turns out I should have. The benefit being, that having done that analysis away from the table, I'll be able to use that information the next time I'm in a similar situation.

Snapshove is an app by Matt Silver that has been getting a workout for 5 to 20 minutes per day.  Ideally I would like to beaver away at this app until I'm getting more than 95% of the SnapCall / SnapShove scenarios right. My short stacked play is a bit too wimpy and I end up being blinded away when I'm less than 10 Big Blinds. And using the SnapShove app in training mode will, hopefully, allow me to open my ranges up when shoving and calling with a shorter stack

No comments:

Post a Comment