One of the major weaknesses in my game has been a reluctance to widen my ranges when I become short stacked. With the end result being that I often blind away too much of my stack waiting for a better spot and end up being called by multiple players when I shove and being taken out by a weaker starting hand that flops well.
About a month ago I purchased the SnapShove app and have been using the app in training mode when ever I commute in to the Casino. And while I seem to have the shoving ranges in better shape than I previously had, the calling ranges continue to be where I am weak. Thus, for the next couple of weeks, I will focus my SnapShove training completely on calling ranges. At least until I am scoring above 85% regularly in my training sessions. After I achieve that level in calling ranges, I'll switch back to mixed mode training. That is, a mix of training in Shoves / Calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment