First Tuesday in November is Melbourne Cup day. And this vital piece of information had somehow escaped my brain last night as I made plans to toodle off to the weekly Tuesday Auction at Pickles in Altona... Well D'oh... Lurking around the train station were all these people in their Melbourne Cup race day finery. Very obviously race day bound.
Which was a pity as I had slept in and, with the intention of being on time at the Auction, had chosen to miss my morning meditation. However, not all was lost as I managed to squeeze in an hour when I returned home in the late afternoon.
And today saw the lodgement of my 2015-2016 Australian Tax return. Twigged to the fact that the deadline for lodgement was October 31st at about 10:30 pm on October 31st. And spent a couple of hours trying to make the web interface work for me. I suspect that the tax site was under pretty heavy pressure and that it wasn't manage to handle the load. Eventually gave up and lodged my return tonight. Not that it would bother the tax department much. Especially as I am essentially living off capital and there is almost zero income.
Melbourne on cup day is a great place to be, especially if you are traveling by Public transport at the times when most of the masses are on their way to or from the race track. Lots of couples all dressed up, with the ladies tending to sport those fascinating fascinators, and the men wearing suits or jackets. Great feel to the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment