For a while last night the entertainment at the table was the banter between Mel, sitting in seat 2, and Andrew, sitting in seat 6. I was in seat 1, and the only way to have escaped the banter would have been to put on my noise cancelling headphones and cranked some music up.
Early hand. I was on the button with pocket 5s. Andrew open raised, I flatted on the button, and Mel was in the hand. Flop 5Kc5c. We all checked. I have the stone cold nuts and didn't want to bet and have everyone fold. Turn Qc. Andrew throws out a bet. I "think" for a bit and call. River 4d. Andrew checks. After I've been thinking for about 5 or so seconds and my hand is just about to start reaching for chips Andrew says. "Oh get on with it.." and throws his hand in the muck. He then says "I had the 5 of diamonds, but he obviously had the flush".
Later he folds another hand and says "I had the K of clubs" and his opponent shows the King of clubs.... He also claimed to be 49 and have a birth year of 1965 - which would make his age somewhere, at a minimum, be 50 if he was born sometime between Nov 12th 1965 and Dec 31, 1965, and an age of 51, should he have been born before Nov 11 1965. He looked, at a maximum, to be in his mid 30's. He also claimed to work for the federal police and centre link. Claimed to the father of six, and had just had a grandchild born that morning.
Rarely have I heard so much BS uttered in such a short period of time. He said everything with a bit of a grin on his face, as though he knew no one was really believing anything he said.
Mel was the most vocal of his nay sayers. Frequently calling out his claims as being full of it. I was sort of sad to see Andrew get knocked out. Though with his aggro loose style, once he was short stacked he was going to be on borrowed time.
No comments:
Post a Comment