Saturday, November 19, 2016

Hunger Tilt....

Having decided to re-visit the intermittent fasting diet I blundered on Friday night. Having fasted on Thursday, I delayed eating on Friday until 13:00 . Then had some chicken around 17:00 ish.  However, that wasn't enough after the fast from Wednesday evening through to Friday 13:00. And relatively early in the Friday night tournament I found my body was crying out for more food. And unfortunately I hadn't packed any nuts that night. Major mistake. Brain did not work well and out of the tournament very quickly with some very poor play.

Contrast to today when I went in and played in an Aussie Millions feeder satellite and managed to bink a ticket to the next phase of satellites.  Much better play. Much less feeling of being on tilt at any stage of the tournament.

Lesson being to eat more and to pack snacks if I am playing in a live tournament the day after I fast.

And in a pleasant realization, today I realized that my meditation practice has, over the course of this year, improved out of sight. Feels like a step change in the benefits I am receiving from my practice.    Life seems to have improved in some aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment