New Years's Eve saw me in Melbourne's CBD area and in a spot that had a great view of the fireworks that were let off in the CBD area last night. Loads of people around and quite easy to get squeezed like a sardine.
The memory I found coming back was of New Year's eve 1998. When we were about to move back to New Zealand and Shelley, Felix, Isaac and I went to Sydney park and watched the fireworks in Sydney Harbour from afar. Felix, who was just over the age of two made the remark "Big bang in the sky" while pointing at the fireworks in the distance. Shelley and I made an effort to have a good New Years eve earlier in our relationships but we seemed to run into a plethora of problems with respect to having a good night at New Years. The memory of Felix being fascinated by the explosions in the sky still remain, in a good way, after all those years in between. And I was quietly pleased for the New Year's Eve fireworks that brought in 2017 triggered the memory of Felix's experience with fireworks when he was just over 2 years old
No comments:
Post a Comment