What feels like a hot and sticky day in Melbourne only turns out to be about 24C. Up early to attend webinar streamed by Alexander Fitzgerald. Original start time of 06:00 am AEST pushed back to 07:00 due to Alex's computer being corrupted by a house guest having downloaded files that ate some of his hard drive. Poor security by Alex and I was surprised but that is life. Some lessons are delivered the hard way.
Unable to give full focus to the webinar due to fatigue. And will have to review the webinar again when a download becomes available. A feeling that there is still so much to learn was very evident at many points during the webinar. With a title of "Test Your Poker 2" there were many multi-choice type questions posed to attendees. And it would be fair to say that I was all at sea for many of the questions. Thus a review will be required.
On the positive side I have been able to study for between 1 to 3 hours per day for each of the past 5 days. And while I was keen to go to the Casino after the webinar, an internal self-check told me that a visit to the Casino was likely to be negative EV due to the fatigue I was carrying. Off back to bed for a couple of hours extra kip, then watch some Aussie Millions final table, then an hours meditation, some stretching and some push ups.
Diet wise I am getting urges to deviate from the Modified Atkins diet / ketogenic diet that I've been trying to keep to. With some ice cream and potatoes entering the diet from time to time. Plus Jan has been a month of only a couple of days fasting. With February around the corner I'm thinking I need to look at a 2 or 3 day fast to give the system a chance to reset.
This last week has seen the anniversay of my arrival in Melbourne come and go. Which is also the anniversary of the last time I saw son #1, son #2 and the ex. All three make regular appearances in my thoughts every day. Especially as I include them in the loving kindness meditation part of my hourly meditation.
When we first met my ex was particularly mischievous and cheeky. Over the past month I have realized this aspect of her personality had disappeared during our last ten years together. At least while she was around me. For her sake I hope that part of her personality resurfaces and she gets joy from having fun interacting with people in a cheeky, mischievous way. I'm grateful for the times she was mischievous while around me. Those times were fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment