- Meditation. Aiming for one hour per day. Pretty much the first activity after attending to pressing biological needs in the morning
- Hamstring stretches. Long term goal of being able to touch my toes easily. A long way off. Aim is to stretch for 2 to 3 minutes each morning after meditation
- Push ups. Fifty push ups per day. After the hamstring stretches. Gaol per week is for five days out of seven
- Poker study. Aiming for a minimum of one hour per day. Ideally to be implemented shortly after the above activities.
- Playing some live cash No Limit Hold'em at Crown Casino
With those activities in place my mental strength will be maintained or enhanced, my flexibility will hopefully improve and my upper body strength will be maintained. And while there is little to no cardio in my routines I am ok with that at this time in my life.
The poker study is the part of the day that I struggle with. I don't really enjoy the study that much. My brain is much less keen to learn these days than in my earlier years. My meditation experience has shown me that it is possible to change the brain even in later years. And, that while I may be a bit slower on the uptake in my later years, continuing to put the effort in will, over time, yield results. Hopefully before I go broke!
My biggest leak at the moment seems to be the avoidance of study. Therefore I need to implement a routine and habits that make the study part of my day. And to avoid letting myself play until the study part of the day has been executed.
I am more or less happy with my study over the past 3 or so days. With some effort going into starting to learn how to use CardRunners EV, reviewing some of the Live Poker 101 Webinar material and re-visiting Alex Fitzgerald's "Dissecting the Donk Bet" Webinar.
No comments:
Post a Comment