Today my shiny new laptop made my heart flutter with a message that I needed to perform storage maintenance. It appears my C Drive had very little space left.
With some detective work it appeared the largest files were in my user directory! Normal Windows file system tools didn't show me. With my technical skills being rusty, but not completely dead, I vaguely recalled that hidden files may well be the culprit. But how to see them? I recalled having used the utility WinDirStat on my old laptop. Started firing that up. But, while I was waiting for that glacier to thaw, decided to download a copy of WinDirStat, paid them a donation, and fired the utility up. All was revealed. Pokerstars.log.o was down my hidden AppData directory structure. Deleted that file (close to 72GB which was about 70% of my SSDs disk space), and all was well in my laptops world again
No comments:
Post a Comment