I have the chance to spend about a month in one place and am going to take it. Possibility of having some of the rent shaved off in exchange for a bit of advice and work for a professional sports gambler I met in 2016.
He is ultra busy and has some menial work that takes up some of his time and takes his focus away from where he needs to be in order to make money. Thus I'll have a look at some of the menial work with the intent of either automating it or documenting it so that he can lay it off to someone else.
Take delivery of my van on Monday 9th with the need to get it road worthy. I have a concern with some rust spots just below the front windscreen. And am hopeful that those spots will not be tooooo expensive to have fixed up. Have already acquired an unregistered vehicle permit to allow me to drive the van to a place to have a roadworthy test, to be repaired, or to my place of residence.
Poker wise have had a neutral start to the year. With several positive sessions being balanced by a couple of losing sessions. Once again I was reminded of the need to listen to my inner voice when it tells me to leave. As one of my losing sessions followed a period of my inner voice telling me to leave when I was up a little. Time to re-read Tommy D'Angelo's Elements of Poker. Especially the section on practicing quitting. Though I did quit pretty much instantly yesterday when I started to hear the inner voice telling me it was time to quit. So maybe there is hope I'll eventually make a habit of listening to that inner voice telling me to quit. And also that I'll make a better habit of planning how long to play for and sticking to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment