Monday, January 23, 2017

The Van is insured.... and the story of the bored dealer

The van is now insured. Yah!

Third party only at this stage. When it has been modified to have a bed in the back the cover can be increased to comprehensive cover.

Yesterday at Crown, while playing cash, one of the dealers was delivering a schtick about being bored and attempting to come across as so cool with his boredom. Mildly amusing until he cost me money.

With the hand in question I was in the Big Blind with 84o.  Limped pot.  Flop comes 10h8h4d. I bet, one caller. Dealer starts to deal turn. One player yet to act. I interject "Wait!" but too late, the turn is dealt. 4c. Giving me a Full House. Dealer decides that card has to be put back in deck and deck shuffled. Last player to act folds saying it wouldn't have mattered he was folding anyway.

River card is dealt as the turn card.  5h. Giving a Flush.  And of course, the guy who called my flop bet had a flush draw. He checks behind after I check. River is a blank. And he bets small. I call and show the dealer the cards I had.  A mild serve about his schtick not being so funny now is delivered and the atmosphere at the table turns icy. The guy that folded says "He was going to get his flush on the river anyway" and goes quiet when I say "Yeah. And the original turn gave me a full house"


No comments:

Post a Comment