My two week visit to Port Melbourne ended today, which meant my luggage was re-acquainted with the Southern Cross Railway Station luggage lockers during that period of time between checking out of the Port Melbourne residence and being able to check into the Newport residence.. It seems that my suitcase is just a little too fat to get into the chosen locker so had to empty it a little to squeeze it in. Then off to the Casino to see if I could satellite into an Aussie Millions mega satellite. No luck but only $40 invested in that venture so no major concern. The cash tables were a little more kind to me and I had a small profit for the day.
Toodled off to Newport to my new AirBnB, arriving around 06:30pm to one of the nicer AirBnBs I've been in. With a shy 9 year old cat called Pogo. And a very gregarious small dog called Yoshi. The hostess for this place is a lady who appears to be in her fifties and retains a broad Scottish accent despite having left Scotland when she was 13.
Now settled comfortably onto a couch in my new room. Quiet location. Five days in this place as that is the maximum time that can be booked for this place. First time I've come across that particular restriction but no matter as the location is convenient for my van buying project. Though I may well end up buying online. Both of the major car auction places I've been to allow online bidders. And there are auctions being held all over Australia. I'm not going to be too concerned at having to travel somewhere to pick up a van that seems to be a good buy. Hmmm. Sounds like a gamble buying online and not seeing the van in person... But it may be a risk worth taking. And if it doesn't work out does it really matter? Seeing that no-one reads this blog I'm allowed to pose questions to myself and answer them..
No comments:
Post a Comment