The Newport rut was a short, but enjoyable rut. Very good host. And one of the best places I've stayed at for the money paid. My daily meditations were very easy to do. In part due to the environment - the bedroom I was staying in was a very pleasant place to stay in, and in part to the atmosphere. Myra, the Scottish, 50+ish hostess, is a practicing Tibetan Bhuddist and there were many examples of Bhuddist symbology around the house.
After five days in Newport it was off to Brunswick, where I'll be staying until Tuesday Sep 27th. The night before I moved to Brunswick I received a text from one of my previous AirBnB hosts alerting me to a function happening in Hope Street, Brunswick. This just happened to be about 150m from my new AirBnB so was an easy event to agree to go along to. The event was put on as a fund raiser for Entheogenesis Australis's 2017 outdoor event scheduled for December 2017. Some interesting speakers. With one speaker from a group he claimed to be psychonauts nonymous tweaking my interest in his group. Sadly I didn't get any details and my google searches today have failed to unearth any contact details. Oh well. Maybe another time.
Tonight I intend to play in a tournament at Crown. But before I do I need to do at least two hours study. So here I am in the State Library typing up a blog post, aka procrasti-tasking, and sort of avoiding doing my required poker study.
No comments:
Post a Comment