Had a day at the Casino. Mainly with the intent of playing in a couple of Aussie Millions feeder satellites. Played ok in the satellites without luck in the flips. Shallow structure meant that flips were required reasonably early and unfortunately AQo did not serve me well against JJ.
Then I played a cash session where I played like a bit of a fish again. There were several hands where I was beaten on the river, one hand where I was bluffed of a set with four cards to a straight on the table and every time I raised with AK I had four callers and whiffed the flop out of position...
Hand of interest:
I'm on the button with As10s. Guy in his late 20's / early 30's who looks semi-competent opens for 15 from early position (this is a 1/3 table). Loose guy to my left calls. I call.
Flop comes 10c8c6s.
Early position leads out for 30 into pot of 49.
Loose guy calls. I call
Turn is 6h
Early Position guy leads again for 60.
Loose guy tanks.
Eventually calls
I ponder and decide that likely one of these guys has me beaten. Either early position guy with an overpair. Or loose guy has a 6 for trips. Or he is on a flush draw or has a ten or perhaps a flush draw and a straigth draw.
I fold
River is 2c. Flush draw has now come in. Early position guy checks
Loose guy ponders and, with a look of mild concern pushes the rest of his chips in
Early position guy calls.
Loose guy shows Jc6c for trips on turn and flush on river
Early position guy says that he had a 6 with a better kicker so my best guess is A6 suited.
Looking back at the hand, while I'm not absolutely sure, I'm pretty sure that loose guy would likely have called a shove on the flop. And early position guy's range had too many overpairs on the the flop for me to feel great about shoving the flop.
No comments:
Post a Comment