Since returning from Vipassana land most of my poker has been online tournaments on pokerstars. With only two visits to Crown. Last night for a couple of hours which showed a $15 loss, and cash session on Friday for a small win and then a loss in the Friday night $175 freezeout tournament. I felt good in the tournament but was pretty card dead for much of my time. Seemed to be able to be present in the moment for large chunks of time and to be able to replay the action from most hands in my head. If I continue to be able to do that in live tournaments that will represent a major step forward for my mental game. There has been too much information available that I have failed to pick up on. I bailed from last nights cash session due to tiredness. When I realized I'd gone for an orbit without taking note of the action I cashed out immediately. Too many losing sessions when tired so I'm glad I managed to avoid staying too long last night.
That was then followed by an all night session playing poker through to around 8:00 am this morning. During that time I had a Netflix binge on Narcos. Watching all of season 1. This AirBnB has allowed me to watch the last two seasons of House of Cards, the new series "Stranger Things", and now the first season of Narcos. After a month of zero TV in Vipassana land, having a binge feels good. Although I'm still trying to put in at least one hour of poker study per day. Listening to poker podcasts fills some of that time. I've given myself a gift of some noise cancelling headphones. And, after having had to deal with Apple ear buds for the past 6 months, having these headphones on is so much more pleasurable.
Body clock wise it seems I have turned into a night owl. Which is not what I want to have happen. There is a fall out when I wish to be somewhere in the morning or midday time frame. Feel far too woolly headed and tired at those times. And as buying a van at auction is an activity I've been spending some time on over the past week or so, having to be up and away early is going to be something I have to do at least a few more times.
Since returning from Vipassana land I've managed to meditate for at least 1 session of at least 1 hour on a daily basis. Which I'm finding is a good thing.
Weight wise, I weighed myself a couple of days ago and found myself to be right on 85Kg. Given that when I arrived in Melbourne on Jan 23 this year I was 95Kg, that is another good thing.
And I've decided to set myself a new goal. To increase my flexibility by regularly stretching my hamstrings and by doing some shoulder stretches. After listening to Tim Ferriss's podcast interview regarding the secrets of gymnastic strength training, I've taken a kernel of information from that podcast regarding how long it takes to stretch out connective tissue and decided to marry it with some information from the tiny habits ted talk. My intention is to spend some time stretching at the completion of my morning meditation session. Say around 5 minutes or so. And to throw in some stretches during the day when I've worked out a cue that works for me. It seems that, according to the gymnastics coach Tim Ferriss interviewed, around 220 days or so of effort is required to make the progress I desire. So I'll be interested to see whether I'm able to introduce the habit and keep it going.
No comments:
Post a Comment