Just a beautiful day in Melbourne. Pity my poker results haven't done well over the past couple of days. I managed to come 7th out of 175 on Mondays $400 tournament. But have busted out of the satellites I've been playing for the Main Event. Twice with Aces being busted. Once by AQs and once by J9o. All in Preflop with the AQ Vs AA hand. And he rivered a full house with a Q on the flop and a Q on the River. The J9 hand called me from the BB. With a J high board and no draw he called after I jammed the flop with a low SPR. And on the River he made trips.
Sigh. In both cases I would have had a reasonable stack if I'd won those hands, with an excellent chance of getting a ticket.
In two minds whether to enter the Main tomorrow. Will ponder on this over night. And see how I go. Running a little bad online just now as well. Got it in with AsQs Vs Ah7c. Flopped 8h4s5s - I have nut flush draw and he needs to hit any non-spade 7 or 6 (5 outs times four means on that flop I have around 80% equity). He naturally hits 7d on the turn.
Part of my job is to just take these beats in my stride and work to get a stack where those types of beats don't matter so much. Have yet to work that out.
Met the house cat at the new place I'm in. And this cat is not nearly as neurotic as some of the cats I've met on my AirBnB journey. A bit of a fattie. but a nice enough cat.
The toilet has an interesting trap for new people to the house. You have to lift the lid and pull the mechanism up to get it to flush. Pushing the button does not work.
No comments:
Post a Comment