Monday, October 17, 2016

Finally, Four hours of Poker study in the one day

Many, many podcasts and other sources have hammered home that, to improve, a decent chunk of each week must be spent studying. And that if the Study:Playing ratio is tilted too far towards the Playing side, then the odds are favouring no or little improvement. Alex Fitzgerald advocates at least an hour a day of deliberate study followed by deliberate practice. It's sort of funny for me, a 57 year old, late to Poker player, being inspired and studying what a passionate 27 year old Poker professional has to say. But it makes sense.

Like many habits, I suspect that the study habit will take quite some time to bed down. I have been gradually working towards more study each day. And have been managing at least an hour a day on four to five days per week. But if I want to get better, I believe that I need to up the amount of time I spend studying and reviewing my play. If I can achieve two hours per day on five days of the week, for ten hours study per week, I will accept that as a short term goal. Ultimately, I would like to study an average of at least 15 hours per week. Which will be a difficult goal for me to achieve. However, should that goal be achieved, then I believe the payoff will be well worth it.

Booked my next AirBnB and it will be back to Northcote on Thursday for 12 days. Hopefully that will be a good place to land in.

No comments:

Post a Comment