And so it came to pass that the AirBnB I insta-booked for last Thursday threw up some warning signs that I will take heed of next time
a) No reviews
b) No response to my AirBnB message requesting information regarding a convenient time to arrive
c) No response to my txt message requesting the same information
In future, should this happen, I will abort the day before and book somewhere else. Ended up having to store my luggage at Southern Cross station, spend all night at Crown Casino, and try booking three more places before landing a spot.
Just to add some icing to the cake, the host arranged to put my key in a plain envelope in the letterbox as they would be out until about 9:00 pm.... And when I got there the envelope contained his business card but no key. The key had somehow slipped out of the envelope and was under the table in the living room..... Having been rained on while trudging towards his place from the train station, spending a couple of hours languishing on the porch swatting away mosquitoes wasn't my favorite use of time on that particular Friday evening.
On the bright side, I've stayed at this AirBnB before and the host is a pleasant chap. And though it isn't my favorite AirBnB, it is much better than being with out a bed for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment