Monday, October 24, 2016

A study day and a disappointing GP visit

Part of the process for converting my NSW drivers license to a Victorian drivers license is that, as I had ticked the box informing Vic Roads that I was on a medication for a heart condition, I needed to get a medical certificate.  And that I had four weeks to obtain said certificate otherwise the license may be suspended or cancelled.

I was aware the GP I have been seeing was ultra cautious and risk adverse and knew he wouldn't sign off on my being fit for driving unless I had seen a cardiologist. Early last week I checked in with a cardiologist and asked him for his opinion on whether I was fit to drive. And he said words to the effect of "No Problemo".  Unfortunately the correspondence from his office had yet to hit the GP's office so was unable to get my Vic Roads certificate today. The 28 day grace period expires tomorrow so I'll be off to Vic Roads to have a chat about getting a possible extension.

Other than that have been watching some Poker videos from Alexander Fitzgerald.  Seem to be learning a fair bit. With the biggest change to my play live being a lot more observant. And when in a tournament jotting down notes on most hands has helped me stay observant and nutting the different betting patterns of some of the players.  Early days though and there is a lot more work to be done to improve my observational ability. And the ability to nut out what different bets from different players mean.

The morning meditation habit seems to be well embedded now. And I'm finding it relatively easy to sit for 45 minutes without fidgeting. Still making myself sit most days for a full hour.  This is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment