Saturday, October 15, 2016

A rare crap day

Today was a rare crap day where I just felt vaguely unwell most of the day and came back to the AirBnB for a nap. Made me realize how precarious my existence is. With out a permanent base of residence and jumping from AirBnB to AirBnB I'd be in trouble if I had a serious dose of the flu or worse.

However, after a nap from 6pm to 7pm, I woke feeling much better physically. Although for some reason I thought I had made a mistake with setting the alarm and had slept through to 7:00 am Sunday am... A total of 13 hours.  Took me several groggy headed minutes to work out it was still Saturday. Which was nice. As today is a diet cheat day and I'd purchased some food I wanted to consume today rather than tomorrow.

The Modified Atkins diet is the diet I'm giving a crack, with a cheat day thrown in once a week. After listening to the Tim Ferriss episodes on a ketogenic diet, and some of the comments that a Modified Atkins Diet seems to give many of the same benefits, but is much easier to adhere to, I've decided to give the MAD a crack.

So no bread, rice, chips (aka fries), tomato sauce or other foods that I know have carbs in them. I'm starting to get used to eating an avocado with LSA sprinkled over it most mornings. And have found that coffee with coconut oil is a beverage that I'm quite partial to. And that I now need to consider acquiring a spoon to add to my luggage. Although there is a possibility that just pouring the hot coffee into the coconut oil jar so as to dissolve some of the coconut, then tipping it back into the cup, may prove to be an acceptable work around. But next time I'm passing an op-shop, such as a Vinnies, I'll pop in to see whether they have cutlery.

I chose not to play the Main Event of the APPT event in Melbourne. I gave the satellites a fair crack and didn't make it. In most of the satellites I felt I played alright. And in two of them, I had a very decent chance of getting a ticket and got two outered on the river when I would have otherwise been in a very good spot.

Such is poker. As the pokerstars environment is reminding me tonight. 

Have been working my way through an Alex Fitzgerald webinar on live poker. And will continue working into the wee hours until I have got through it. While the length of the Webinar is 2 hours 15 minutes, I take considerable longer to get through it as I'm creating a mind map as I go. To try to give myself the best opportunity to absorb the material. And to have a "cheat sheet" that I can whizz through at a later stage

No comments:

Post a Comment