Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Artist's Way

Tim Ferriss's "Tools of Titans" made it's way onto my ipad last week and I've been dipping in and out of this cook book since then. One of the recommendations resulted in my purchasing "The Artist's way" for #2 son, who I believe has great creative potential, with the book due to arrive at his residence sometime in the next few days. However, while I have yet to read the book myself, I have acted on one of the recommendations and started today to trial the "daily pages" routine recommended by the books author, Julia Cameron.

While the book recommends writing the daily pages in long hand, I will be writing on my laptop. Touch typing has been my preferred mode of writing for about 30 years now. It would be tough to start writing by hand again after so many years at the keyboard. And my last experience with hand writing, during my written exams for a graduate diploma in Psychology between 2008 - 2012, was a very unpleasant experience. Hand cramps, poor, illegible writing, spending more mental time trying to keep the hand writing semi-legible, all these factors contributed to a sense of relief when the last exam was over and I knew that I could return to the keyboard for any writing where I had to communicate with others.




No comments:

Post a Comment