Today was a day where Tommy D'Angelo's advice with respect to quitting was followed. One of my better study days was followed with my fronting up at the Casino at around 5:45pm with the intention to play some cash before entering a tournament that kicked off at 07:10pm (on a Friday evening). Past experience suggested that somewhere north of 100 players would enter and that the Final Table would probably wind up sometime after 03:00am.
Shortly after 06:00pm I began to feel slightly off color. To the point where I suspected that playing in the tournament may well be a negative Expected Value (EV) proposition. Previously there was a high chance my desire to play would have won through and the chance of it all ending badly, with my exiting the tournament through poor play due to playing my C or D game would be high. This time, with Tommy D'Angelo's advice about quitting when it was a negative EV proposition to continue being front and center, the decision was taken to quit.
With the cash session having been a profitable session, I'm a thinking that I saved the entry fee and some physical discomfort by heading back to my digs early. With the time now being 09:00pm, I can easily get to bed early and have another day studying tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment