In "Tools of Titans", one of Tim Ferriss's guests refers to the daily practice, recommended in "The Artist's Way", and known as daily pages.
Wednesday Feb 7th marked the start of my experimentation with a "daily pages" exercise. I'm deviating from the recommendation to write the pages in long hand. Partly because I didn't have any journals lying about when I started, partly because I am itinerant, and carting around unneeded weight is an activity I wish to avoid, but mainly because I have an element of discomfort when writing by and have been touch typing for near on 30 years. My preference would be for avoiding any need to allocate any of my brain cycles to the act of writing by hand. Touch typing is an activity which needs little in the way of conscious thought to perform The same would not be able to be said should I write by hand. Frankly, the daily pages activity would be destined to die a very quick death if I adhered to the recommendation to write longhand.
Blogging will continue intermittently. And it may even come to pass that I manage to execute the daily pages routine along with blogging at a reasonable rate. Time will tell.
Poker wise my results have been up and down over the past week. With a significant losing session on Friday being balanced by winning sessions on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Monday being the best session in a while. To be fair, after having some bad beats in Jan, it was nice to be on the receiving end of some good beats. Always nice to have a set when someone has two pair and they are betting into you.
It seems I am having more good days than bad days at the moment. And often having some really good days.
Several fasting days were thrown into the mix with Saturday and Sunday being days where food did not pass my lips until 08:00pm each night. It is a good feeling to start a day with the thought "Think I'll fast today until at least 04:00 pm. Then to reach that goal and go beyond it. Weight wise I continue to carry a little too much fat. Although, at 88Kg I am now down from the 95Kg I started 2016 at.
No comments:
Post a Comment