A C class session yesterday. Bombed out of Sundary Arvo NLHE tournament at Crown with a poor call. And, in the cash session, made a tight fold that cost me a large pot when I was against a guy who bluffs a lot. Reminds me again of Ed Miller's book "Playing the Player". Having pegged him as a guy who bluffs a lot, I needed to call down wide against him. Super scary board with 4 to a straight, and a paired board. Holding KK on 6c7c10d6h9h. Any eight beats me. Any 6 beats me. Any Full house beats me. Recent episodes where my KK has been beaten may have been front and centre in my mind. Earlier in the same session had folded AA on a board QdJdJh8d5d. Had raised a guy who had limped. He called, which at Crown can mean small pocket pairs, Suited Broadway cards (because Crown runs a jackpot where, if you flop a Royal Flush, you win the jackpot). So any suited broadway cards are eligible candidates preflop. And you often see people with those hands calling large raises in hands they would otherwise have no business being in. And so it was with this hand. If he had called with a broadway hand that included a J he beat me. And if he called with Ad10d he beat me. Kd10d beat me. Any diamond beat me. And, while the flop checked around, he bet into me on turn and river. Calling the turn was easy. The river being an easy fold with a paired board and 4 diamonds
Time to take some time out and study, study, study. And meditate, meditate, meditate. I will invest in a guided warm up tape from Eliot Roe to see if that helps me to be in the right mind frame going into a session.
Van wise I'm finalizing the order to have a bed built in the back. That will be installed March 6/7th. I will have to do some maintenance work paint wise as the paint on the roof has taken a bit of a battering. I will need to acquire a ladder to make this happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment