Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Van project proceeds

Jims Transport have picked the van up for its over Christmas pit stop in Sydney.  Have plenty of time to work out the next steps.

Which are

  • finding somewhere to do the roadworthy test required prior to registering the van in Victoria
  • Working out the logistics of getting the van to that place. Possibly without Insurance in place. RACV would not insure the van unless it was registerable. Without roadworthy it is not registerable. Catch-22. May see about getting the van delivered to where ever it is I am going to get the roadworthy inspection completed
  • converting the 12 seater Hiace commuter bus to a 2 or 3 seater by ripping all the seats in the rear out
  • Driving the van up to the Newcastle locale for its mid-Feb appointment with drifta for a fitout with the base for a bed, slide out kitchen, some drawers, and electrical
  • Determine whether my car licence is good enough for driving this vehicle around
Pretty happy with the decision to pull the trigger and acquire the van. Although the total cost of the van plus fit out will be higher than I had hoped for, I'm pretty comfortable that should I choose to on sell it at any stage I will either get most or all of my money back.  I haven't seen that many vans for sale that have already been converted into a scenario where you can sleep comfortably in the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment