Moved back to Box Hill South last Friday with a booking that ended on Dec 11th. And in conversation this morning it came out that the next booking had fallen through.
I like this place. And it is cheap. The only drawback is how far out it is from the CBD. But I like Konrad, the price is cheap, the room is private, quiet and comfortable, and I feel like having a rest from bouncing around every 7 to 10 days.
Today was a day when I practiced short stack poker in some Aussie Millions feeder satellites. And was generally happy with my play. Shove-fold ranges are important to know in these satellites as the structure means you get short fast. And I'm getting happier with my shoving ranges. People who have an image of me as a tight aggressive player are getting surprised with the hands I'm turning up with at times. But such is the nature of these tournaments. And they are good practice for Final Tables where you are short stacked and need to have a good understanding of Shove/Fold/Call ranges with different stack sizes. While I have been able to get away with using SnapShove on my Ipad from time to time, there may come a time when that is outlawed. And I need to be ready for that time. Until then, more study time is required to better hone my feel for the Shoving/Calling ranges when short stacked.
No comments:
Post a Comment