On 20th December I'll head north to serve a course at Blackheath Vipassana Center. This year has seen a deepening in my meditation practice and ending the year with 10 days of more intense Vipassana meditation will do me nicely.
Plus I get the benefit of avoiding being seen as someone to take pity on and get invited to some good samaritans place when all I really want to do on Christmas day is to eat and play internet poker.
I have become comfortable in being alone and in my own skin on Christmas day. However, with the AirBnB lark meaning I would be sharing digs with someone, should I be able to book a place, I have chosen to avoid that dilemma by taking myself off to serve on a Vipassana course.
The Van should be in transit some time this week. Hopefully tomorrow, or, at the latest Wednesday. Unfortunately, due to the time of year, and the size of the company engaged, I will only get to see the van for the first time in the week beginning December 16th. Then it will be full speed ahead to get the beast through the required roadworthy test, registered and then off on a road trip to Newcastle to get the folks at drifta.com.au to do a conversion on the van. Looking forward to that. Then I'll be able to start shaving some costs off my spending on AirBnB.
No comments:
Post a Comment