Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Resolutions post Vipassana Rabbit hole

Operating on the assumption that if I document these resolutions publicly on this blog I stand more chance of making these resolutions happen, even if no one is reading this blog, here goes nothing;
  • Buy a van - say an aged Toyota Hiace - and start sleeping in it to decrease the amount of money I'm spending on accommodation
  • Investigate registering with Centrelink to see whether that may be a possible source of supplemental income
  • Start looking for work
Looking for any sort of vehicle to purchase is an activity that features pretty low down on my list of preferred activities. So I am going to have to schedule time at the start of each day until I have made a purchase. Operating on the basis of doing the activity that moves me closer to my goal as the first activity of the day means I will be less likely to avoid it by procrastinating.  I'll accept a complete miss on a couple of days a week but my aim is to be actively looking for at least an hour or two per day.

A couple of guys at Vipassana told me that registering for Centrelink was an activity that I could perform online and didn't have to go in to register. My initial attempt last night failed so I'll give it another crack tonight and if that fails I will toodle into a Centrelink office to see if I can register there.

With respect to looking for work that might be an interesting experience.  Given I have been pursuing the life of a recreational poker player over the past 3 years and have not held down a paid position over that time there is an obvious gap in my resume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment