Today I exited an AirBnB in Moreland that helped me decompress out of the Vipassana rabbit hole. Facility wise a nice enough place. As it was on a main road the cost was lower than it would have been for an equivalent place on a quieter street. A pleasant enough couple in their 40's with two sausage dogs being the substitute children (at least in my mind). These guys have been doing the AirBnB thing for some time now.
And with a sign in the toilet that stated "Please put used toilet paper down the toilet and not in the rubbish bin" I wondered what experience had led them to place that sign in the throne room....
For some reason the blinds were drawn most of the day in the living room and the kitchen. Which made the atmosphere a bit gloomy and oppressive. In contrast the place I've moved into in Glenbervie is on a side street with some noise from passing trains but much less noise compared to the place in Moreland I've moved out of. And the blinds are drawn!!. Much nicer feel to the house.
The hosts are a gay couple from France who are flying out tomorrow to catch up with their families as they have decided to try and stay in Australia as long as possible. And this trip is their opportunity to catch up with their families for possibly the last time for the next couple of years. The hosts have managed to arrange for an asian couple who look to be in their late 20's / early 30's to take over their room. And there are four Germans occupying two other bedrooms in this 4 bedroom house - two guys travelling together and a couple. The guys will be taking off to Cairns on the coming Monday. And I cannot say I blame them. Today Melbourne turned very cold and windy with some rain. Truly winter weather.
Have yet to interact with the asian couple to any degree. And the Germans all seem pleasant.
No comments:
Post a Comment