Pft. What a day of negative variance in the pokerstars world.
Min cashed a few tournaments online. Seemed to keep getting my chips in ahead only to be sucked out on.
Raised all-in on the flop with KK on a Qd9d3c flop after BB donk bet about 25% pot. He calls for his tournament life with 2nd pair (J9o) and spikes two pair on the river. Maybe he thought I had a flush draw... though it was pretty much a snap call. Seemed to me that his bet was like the type of blocking bet a flush draw would put out to try to buy a cheap turn card, and maybe even take down the pot if my hand was Ak and had whiffed.
Then another tournament where I had about 20BB with AQs and min-raised. Called by Hijack and Button. SB raises to 15BB. I shove. Hijack calls with 6d4d. SB calls (cannot raise as my shove wasn't big enough) Flop comes Ac8d4h. SB shoves for another 25BB with QQ. Hijack calls with bottom pair and back door Flush draw on an Ace high board where there has been a 3bet and a 4bet shove and spikes trips on the river to take down the pot. My AQ suited is no good.. 6d4d > AhQh > QQ. Two hands previously I had 3bet / called a 4bet shove with KK and lost to an Ace on the turn (AKs > KK). Poker can be such a biatch.
And now I get to do it all over again tomorrow.
In amongst the negative variance I decided to apply to serve on a 30 day course that will take up most of August at Blackheath - assuming I am accepted. Plus I've found the gumtree and carsale websites where I've started to look at the ads for vans.
No comments:
Post a Comment