Friday, February 19, 2016

If your managing agent is going to inspect your rental please warn me...

This morning I woke around 9:45am and was just starting my morning meditation around 10:00 am when my AirBnB hosts rental property managing agent came through the front door.  I received a bit of a surprise and was coming down the hallway in my pyjamas as she was entering through the front door. At first I thought she was the cleaner that P had mentioned a day or so earlier. And I inadvertently mentioned I was "the airBnB guy". Woops. She states she is the Managing Agent come to do a regular property inspection.....And exits.

This is probably not good for P. I text him and let him know that the managing agent had let herself in and knew I was from AirBnB.  P tells me I have dropped him in the fecal material and has a note of panic in his voice.  He decides he will call her and tell her I am a friend of a friend who is insisting on paying money and to make sure insurance is covered we have used AirBnB to make it all insurance legal........Hopefully that works...

Motto of the story for any AirBnB hosts who are subletting and don't want their rental property managers to know.... Tell your AirBnB guest if there is a chance that someone from the rental agency might turn up to do an inspection.  And tell them what to say....

No comments:

Post a Comment