Friday, March 4, 2016

Getting ready for the next mini rut-jump

My time in residence at a sunny little room in Northcote helping a  middle-aged solo mother pay the rent, courtesy of AirBnB, is almost at an end. She, along with her near 16 year old son, have been in this rental property for the last 16 years or so. With the ending of her partnership with her son's father sometime in the past year I'm guessing life is a little tougher than it was. We didn't really get into the details of that scenario too much, and I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure that AirBnB is helping her out in a fairly significant way.

Anyhoo, I've managed to book my next place. Somewhere near Caulfield race course.  Set up the arrival details for tomorrow's arrival via messaging on AirBnB. With the last 3 words of the final text from my new host being "Many joyous blessings".  When making initial contact for a booking AirBnB suggests telling the prospective host something about you. In general I tell them that I'm a bloke in my mid-fifties who is a non-drinker and who spends the first 45 minutes of each day meditating. All true. But I generally leave out the little detail that I spend a chunk of each day at the Casino playing poker, and a fair chunk of each day playing online.... There is a chance this next mini-rut has some religious wall paper of some description. Mentally I need to be prepared to jump ruts a little quicker than first planned.

I need to plan my next jump a little better. I left the booking for this one to pretty late in the day. While the stress levels did start to rise when I had failed to make a booking two days out from my departure from this residence, the rise in stress levels was less than I had expected. Maybe all that meditation is having an effect on my ability to handle stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment