Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Caulfield rut

Landed ok. That hint of religious fervor hinted at in a pre-arrival text has failed to rise up and display itself in any meaningful way.

I've met the female half of the hosting couple and she  is nice. Responsive and keen on feedback to make the place a better AirBnB experience. There is a mother/daughter couple from China staying in another room in the house so this is my first shared AirBnB experience. We have limited common language competence so we will be fellow travellers who are unable to share our common experiences. The front half of the house is for the AirBnB folk.With a bedroom off each side of the entrance hallway. The hallway leads through, and opens out  to, a kitchen / living area / bathroom. With the hallway then continuing through to a private living area for the hosts.

When chatting with the lady host I mentioned having a 4 deck power board in the bedroom would be a nice addition. As, for many guests, having 3 (or even more) electronic devices may not be that unusual. An hour or so later I came out of my room and saw a new 4 deck power board sitting on the kitchen table. My gut feeling was that the power deck was intended for my room but left it as didn't want to offend in case it wasn't, and if it was, I could wait. In the morning the deck was gone.  The lady host saw me a bit later and asked if I had taken it (and yes, it was intended for me). It seems the Chinese pair had seen the deck on the table, had assumed that it was meant for them, so had taken it.... Which gave both the host and I a bit of a chuckle as it confirmed that providing a 4 deck power board for AirBnB travellers was probably a good thing. Especially if there was a possibility of a mother/daughter combination competing for the use of power outlets for their respective devices.

This residence is about 1km from the train station which is around my optimal distance for enforced daily exercise. I'll be walking a minimum of 4.5km each day I travel into the Casino from this residence. And, while having no bathroom scales available to check whether my weight loss is real, has the most wasteful shower head I have ever showered under. It is like showering under an intense waterfall. Melbourne, like many Australian towns or cities, treats water like the precious resource it is in a dry continent. I am *very* surprised to be able to shower in such a wasteful way. And I will be trying to keep my showers short and sweet.

Monday today. I'm sure I should have reviewed my week and set my goals for the coming week yesterday or today. But I'm feeling lazy so will aim to do it tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment