Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Poker downswing....

I've been avoiding Crown Casino over the past week or so as I've been experiencing a pretty significant downswing.  About 10 buyins now. With my last session ending with my 4bet shoving preflop with AsAc, getting called by KdQd, and seeing my Aces cracked with a diamond flush.   Plenty of 2nd best hands and some bad play on my part.

I've gone back to playing some online and have been pretty much breakeven online over the past couple of weeks.  And I've been trying to put some more hours in study wise. With some focus on some of Alexander Fitzgerald's videos, rewatching a webinar with Ed Millar and Jonathan Little, and re-reading Moorman's book on tournament poker.   Maybe there has been some improvement in my tournament play. Last night I ran 16th/1249 in a $22 bounty builder on pokerstars and  56th/3111 $7.50 bounty builder.  So I made some money on those tournaments. but tantalisingly close to where the money started to become significant for those tournaments.

A week ago I relocated from Port Melbourne to Box Hill. Quite a change.  From a house with a couple of early 30's white Australian entrepreneurial types to a house with elderly Chinese who are welcoming but with little English.  Commute wise, Box Hill is the longest commute from the CBD of any of the suburbs I've resided in since landing in Melbourne. Probably as far out as I would want to be commute wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment