Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Morphing into a vegetarian

Prior to my trip to Blackheath, and serving at Bhudi Dhamma Vipassana Center for a 10 day course starting April 14th, I had been eating meat of one sort or another at least once, and sometimes twice, a day. Since my return I've stayed strictly vegetarian and have found it hard to visualize eating meats. This seems a little strange to me as, after all my previous Vipassana experiences, I've gone straight back to eating meat.   Now, if I had eliminated my desire for the crappier part of my diet, such as the licorice and crisps, then I'd be feeling pretty good about myself rather than wondering whether I should be worried about the lack of meat in my diet, or whether this is just a phase, and pretty soon the meat will reappear on the menu.  Yeah, yeah. First world problem

No comments:

Post a Comment