Tonight at the casino I was involved in a scenario where I was trying to get a read on my opponent and my opponent misread the situation and ended up throwing his toys well out of the cot.
The hand in question had three players. BB, Main Villain UTG +1 and myself in Hijack with AsJc. Villain had been pretty loose and aggressive with air. Middle aged guy. I had been watching some of the hands he had been involved in and had seen him run a 3 barrel bluff out of position after he had limp/called with 84o. And the flop was Qd6dQc. On that occasion he had talked a lot in the hand. Especially on the turn and river.
In the hand in question, the flop came down monochrome - all rag clubs and the flop was checked around. Turn was Ac giving four club cards on the board and I had 3rd nuts. BB Checks, Villain bets 30 into about 40. I flat and BB flats. River is a blank. BB checks, Villain shoves his remaining chips - about $115. I think for a bit. Villain is not talking. And is looking directly at me. The feel of his behaviour is different to when he ran the 3 barrel bluff.
My concern is whether he has Kc or Qc. To see if I can firm up my read I decide to cut out the required chips to call. I do this to the right of my chip stack while trying to remain aware of both the BB and Villain's behaviour. There is no forward motion and it is common for players to cut out a bet next to their chip stack and to then decide whether to bet or not. Either by verbally declaring call or raise or by moving their chips forward. Villain, for some reason, decides I have called and swiftly switches his attention to the BB and stares at BB who immediately folds. Villain immediately tables Qc10s and I say "But I haven't called!". Villain goes ballistic. The dealer and the rest of the table are on my side. With an older, gnarly regular saying. "He was just playing with his chips. He did not call". Villain goes on tilt and calls the floor manager. The floor manager sides with the dealer
Villain stays on tilt and shortly thereafter loses all his chips. He asks the dealer to lock up his place while he toodles off to reload. The general consensus at the table was that everyone wished he would return. Alas he never did.
No comments:
Post a Comment