Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The side effects of a mid-50's guy exercising

The short, sharp 7 minute workout is great in some respects. For most of the time I feel a lot more energetic afterwards. However, yesterday's workout left me with some achilles tendon pain so I'll give myself a rest for a day or two.  I was hopeful that the relatively short duration of the work outs would mean that I could hope to avoid too many injuries. Hopefully this is a short period of achilles tendon tenderness and I'll resume the work outs soon.

I'm optimistic  that the exercise helps with my ability to play live. The jury is still out on this aspect but I do think I have a tad more stamina at the table and have more patience and make better decisions.. Especially if I perform the workout in the afternoon a couple of hours before the nightly tournaments start.  Undecided on whether I've noticed any improvement in my online play. Will have to keep an eye on this.

Another side benefit is that I seem to be more inclined to write blog posts when my weekly reminder pops up....

No comments:

Post a Comment