With son #2's rapidly approaching 18th birthday and the end of his secondary schooling days, there will shortly be another major rut jump happening. The ex wishes to move on after his secondary school days end in November, and the family home will be sold sometime shortly after that. Most likely date to be Feb next year. So a major rut jump will happen for sure in 2016.
Prior to that, I have a mini rut-jump planned for September/October. I have been offered the opportunity to house sit in Sydney for five weeks. And will use that opportunity to scope out whether Australia will be the destination for my next major rut-jump. Main task during the house-sit is to look after a lovely 18 month old labradoodle. I'll take the opportunity while I'm in Sydney to play some tournaments at the Sydney Star Casino. However, as they don't run tournaments daily, I'll be looking to play some Pub poker tournaments as well. I like Sydney but don't think I'll be making a major rut jump back to Sydney next year. Apart from being relatively expensive to live in, I get the feeling I'll be more at home poker wise in Melbourne or Auckland. As my house sit ends towards the start of the ANZPT 2015 Melbourne season, I'll toodle down to Melbourne and check out the Melbourne scene for the last eight days of the ANZPT Melbourne poker season. Melbourne's Crown Casino appears to have a much better Tournament schedule than Sydney's Star Casino. Part of the purpose of my visit will be to have a look at Melbourne and the Crown Casino to see whether Melbourne could be an attractive enough rut to jump into in 2016.
The ANZPT Melbourne Main Event runs from Friday 16th October (day 1A) through to Tuesday 20th. I'll arrive in Melbourne on the 14th and give myself a shot at satelliting in. And if no luck in the satellites, will buy in directly to day 1b.
Playing in a main event at the Crown Casino is one of my poker-related bucket list goals so it will be nice to tick that item off my list. And, with luck, it may even be a profitable goal. I've played in four events with a +$2k buyin so far in my brief poker career. And, so far, have yet to cash in one. A combination of being card dead in two events, playing way too tight in another due to being over-awed and standard bad play leading to my demise. I'm more comfortable now at playing in a bigger buy-in event and now have an incentive to try to complete my mind-mapping of Janda's Applications of No-Limit Hold'em
(Mind-Mapping Janda's book is not a task I have enjoyed. But. Every time I've mapped another 20 to 50 pages, in the weeks after, I've felt as though I've improved my game at the tables. I would be nice to complete working my way through the final 200 pages of Janda's book, but even if I only managed 100 pages, I think I would have given myself a few additional tools to call on when I'm at the tables)
No comments:
Post a Comment