Probably three months of break-even poker, one month of small loss and two months of quite large losses. The losses can be attributed to bad play and some variance (getting it in good but being sucked out on by the River).
On some days I feel like a better player than six months ago. And on others, like today, when I play my "D" game, pretty crap.
I engaged the coaching services of Andrew Brokos in late April as a ploy to make myself work on my game. And to some degree that worked in terms of improving some aspects of my game. Andrew's coaching was interrupted by Pokerstars SCOOP series in May and the WSOP in May/June/July. I believe that I have an hour or so left in the contracted coaching so will have another session where I will have to explain my poor results. (Blush). Though when I'm playing on the internet I do get distracted by shiny internet baubles and quite often don't have my "A" or "B" game going. In general terms, while playing live my game has improved. Not perfect. But improved. With quite a lot of improvement left to happen. I suspect the lack of distraction by shiny internet baubles in live play means I can play better live than online.
In family related matters, son #1 is halfway through his second year of his Engineering degree. Working hard. Being far more mature than I was at his age. Has now had a lady friend for about a year with four or five days recently spent in Rotorua with his lady friend during semester break.
Son #2 is halfway through his last year at high school and has a plan for next year.
- put himself through a bar tending course
- get a job and save up some money
- travel to Europe. In particular Germany (for Octoberfest) and Scotland (For Scottish New Year celebrations)
No comments:
Post a Comment