Headed north out of Melbourne today after four nights in Moreland road in a surprisingly quiet and very pleasant AirBnB on a main road. The end unit of a block of six, down a narrow, skinny block of units, meant that there was no road noise at all inside the unit. And it felt like a stand alone house. Driving north for a chunk of time in my noisy brick of a van. Road noise is a little unpleasant in this van on a long trip. Ended up listening to a few podcasts with the head phones on which made the trip a little more pleasant. Ended my day in Goulburn. Checked out a few places. Including the local caravan park and ended up in the first place I looked at which, it turned out, had the best deal of the places I looked at. During my last days at The Bend I managed to do a reasonable job of painting the roof of the van. The paint on the rest of the van is in reasonable shape, but the roof was a bit of a mess with some surface rust in a few spots. With the prospect of the rust progressing to leaks in the roof niggled away to the point where I knuckled down and, over the course of three days, sanded, filled, painted, sanded, refilled, repainted, sanded and painted again. A close up look at the paint job shows a pretty amateur job has been completed. But from a functional point of view the paint that has been applied is going to protect the roof from the rust progressing for at least a few years.
On Monday/ Tuesday the van will have the drawers/carcass for a bed and the electrical work done to the point that, should I end up in Goulburn on my return trip to Melbourne, I won't need to check into a Motel. I'll be able to find a quiet spot and have a doss in my van. Which is the whole point of the trip. Poker wise I've been able to study quite productively over the past week or so. And have been able to keep my nose to the study grindstone.
The 15 minute journal exercise that bookends the start and end of each day is proving to be a useful exercise. Looking for three things to be grateful at the start of each day has been a revelation. I can usually find at least one standout item from the day before that I'm grateful for. At least one relatively small thing about my environment in the present moment that I'm grateful for and it is usually a snap to be able to find another item from my life that I can be grateful for. This is proving to be a useful exercise.
The lack of Blog posts has correlated with the start of my Daily Pages exercise. Where I spend some time dumping text into a word document each day. But now it is time to start putting some text on to the Blog again. If only to have a bit of variation between the content in the daily pages and the blog posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment