Sunday, March 5, 2017

Add another book to the queue...

Sitting in "The Fox Den" coffee shop in Gloucester, imbibing my complimentary cup of coffee from Drifta, and browsing the internet, I followed one of brainpickings tweets to an article discussing Sam Harris's "Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality without Religion". My first encounter with Sam Harris was through an interview on Tim Ferriss's podcast.  An episode that I would be more than pleased if my kids should happen to listen to it. There is a second interview on Ferriss's blog, but the first one did enough to stimulate my interest in Sam Harris's work that I've monitored his blog from time to time. I've been aware of "Waking Up.." for some time, but have not been that inspired to purchase and read it.  This article on the brainpickings site has now pushed me over the edge to wanting to read the book and it is now on the queue of books I want to read.  There will likely be a battle with my inner nit regarding the spending of money before I eventually cave and purchase the kindle version of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment