Sunday, December 14, 2014

One millimetre...

The results of my CT angiography are in. And my ascending aorta measurs 49mm...with my cardiologists threshold for recommending repair one millimetre greater at 50mm... It seems with my extra risk factors. bicuspid valve and family history of abdominal aortic anuerysm, the threshold is a bit lower than for other people.

On the bright side, while there is some very mild atheroma in my cardiac arteries, on the scale of things to worry about, it is a distant third behind my aortic aneurysm and (very intermittent) ?atrial fibrillation.  No need for stents.

Warned against performing exercises that raise blood pressure. Weight lifting is out. And this includes exercises like push ups.... Which is a pity as I'd been following the Ted Talk about tiny habits and had built up the number of pushups I could do to 55 over a 2 month period... Walking, running, cycling and swimming all got the cardiologist tick of approval so I'll have to look at what I can incorporate into my daily / weekly routines.



No comments:

Post a Comment